Application for students continuing/graduating/transferring their education at Fullerton College
All applications must be submitted online no later than March 1, 2016 for the 2016-2017 School Year Eligibility:
All Fullerton College students are encouraged to apply. However, the most common criteria includes:
Attended Fullerton College as a full-time student (12 or more units)
Maintained a minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 - Osher Scholarships require a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A.
Completed at least 24 units at Fullerton College
Recipients may be selected by the Fullerton College Foundation Scholarship Committee, a specific division, or by the scholarship donor
Scholarship Calendar (2016-2017 School Year):
- August, 2016: The first disbursement of the scholarship award is given
- January, 2017: The second disbursement of the scholarship award is given
Scholarship Calendar (2017-2018 School Year):
- Nov 21, 2016 - Feb. 28, 2017: Apply Online
- Feb. 28, 2017: Deadline for submitting applications
- March - April, 2017: The Scholarship Committee selects student recipients. FC divisions submit their list of awardees.
- Early May: Letters are sent out informing the students of their award status
- May, 2017 - Foundation Scholarship Awards Banquet
- July, 2017: The first disbursement of the scholarship award is given
- January, 2018: The second disbursement of the scholarship award is given
Awards are typically disbursed in two payments: half in the fall, and the remaining half in the spring.
To receive the first disbursement, students must complete a scholarship disbursement form (disbursement form must be picked up from the Foundation office), submit proof of registration for the Fall semester and submit a thank you letter to the donor. Processing time for checks is approximately two weeks.
To receive the second disbursement, students must show proof of successful completion of fall semester courses as well as proof of registration for the spring semester.
'Graduating Scholarship' recipients must graduate by August of the year of their award in order to receive their scholarship award.
Unclaimed scholarships will be forfeited by the end of the academic year for which they were awarded.